KIGGIT – RESPONSIBLE
Our main objective is to ensure that you enjoy Kiggit’s services safely and securely and we take our responsible gambling obligations very seriously.
This policy sets out some of the steps you can take to identify and deal with problem gambling and how we can help you to do so. It is split into the following seven sections:
- Identifying Problem Gambling
- Reality Checks
- Betting and Deposit Limits
- Parental Controls
- Help and Guidance
- Identifying problem Gambling
Ask yourself the following questions:
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel a desperate need to gamble again immediately?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have your friends, relatives or anyone else ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you ever missed school or work in order to gamble?
- Do you ever lie to cover up your gambling; for example the amount that you spend or lose?
- Are you losing touch with family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
- Do difficult moments in your life, such as arguments or career-setbacks, make you want to gamble?
- Does your gambling ever make you feel depressed or suicidal?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you might have a gambling problem or be at risk of developing one.
If you are worried about your gambling or know someone who you think might have a gambling problem, there are several ways that you can seek help:
- Our Customer Care Team are available to discuss your concerns: +44 1889 3990006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sections 2-6 below set out certain steps that you can take through Kiggit to keep your gambling under control
- Details about other sources of help and guidance are provided in section 7 below
- Reality Checks
To help manage the amount of time that you spend gambling, you can set up ‘reality checks’ to give you reminders of how long you have been gambling through Kiggit in a single session. In order to set up reality checks simply go to the ‘Gambling Controls’ section of your Customer Account and follow the instructions. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Care Team using the details in section 1 above.
If you would like to take a break from gambling at any point, you can either contact our Customer Care Team using the details in section 1 above or visit the ‘Gambling Controls’ section of your Customer Account to set a ‘time-out’ of 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days or such other period that you select up to 42 days.
During this time-out period you will not be able to gamble using your Customer Account, but you will be able to access your Customer Account in order to withdraw funds. Your Customer Account will only be re-activated once the time-out period has expired.
If you would like to take a longer break from gambling, you may choose to self-exclude in accordance with section 4.
If you wish to take a break from gambling of six months or more, you may choose to self-exclude. In order to self-exclude you may either follow the process outlined in the ‘Gambling Controls’ section of your Customer Account or contact our Customer Care Team using the details in section 1 above.
If you choose to self-exclude:
- you will be given the option to do so with immediate effect or after a ‘cooling-off’ period during which you can consider self-exclusion further before making a decision as to whether you want to self-exclude;
- you must choose a time period for which you wish to self-exclude, which must be at least six months but no more than five years;
- you will not be able to gamble on Kiggit for the duration of the exclusion period and we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that you receive no further communications from us in respect of gambling services offered by Kiggit; and
- you will be withdrawn from any gambling that you are participating in at the point that you self-exclude and any funds in your Customer Account will immediately be returned to you.
At the end of the exclusion period, if you send a request to us in writing that you wish to resume gambling with Kiggit, following a one day ‘cooling off’ period, you will be permitted to gamble on Kiggit again. Alternatively, you may either: (i) request in writing to extend the self-exclusion period for successive periods of six months, in which case such extension shall take effect immediately; or (ii) take no further action, in which case the exclusion period shall continue for up to seven years unless you send a request to us in writing to end the exclusion period.
- BETTING AND Deposit Limits
Kiggit is all about gambling with your friends. We want to make sure you stay on good terms with your friends and so the most you can stake on a single bet is £100.
You can also limit the amount that you are able deposit into your Customer Account at any time. In order to do this, simply go to the ‘Gambling Controls’ section of your Customer Account and follow the instructions or contact our Customer Care Team using the details in section 1 above.
Please note that if you choose to increase your deposit limit, such increase will not take effect until 24 hours after your request and you will be required to login to your Customer Account to confirm the increase before it is implemented.
- Parental controls
It is a criminal offence to gamble if you are under 18 years old and we implement a number of measures on Kiggit to ensure that we comply with our obligations in this regard. Among these procedures, we conduct age verification checks when users register with Kiggit and may request supporting documentation if we have any reason to suspect that someone might be underage.
If you are a parent and are concerned that your child or someone that you know might be gambling underage, our Customer Care Team will be happy to discuss this with you (please see the contact details set out in section 1).
In addition, there are a number of organisations/companies that provide advice and technical solutions to parents looking to protect their children from gambling, including:
- netnanny.com – software which protects children from inappropriate content
- cybersitter.com – software which allows parents to select sites to block
- betfilter.com – software which blocks access to gambling websites
- gamblock.com – software which blocks access to gambling websites
- Help and guidance
Our Customer Care Team are available using the contact details set out in section 1 if you would like to discuss any concerns that you have about Kiggit or any issues that you believe you or someone you know might have with gambling.
In addition, the following organisations provide help and guidance to those affected by problem gambling:
- GamCare: a charity that provides confidential counselling and support to those affected by problem gambling: http://www.gamcare.org.uk. Their UK freephone number is 0808 8020 133 and they also offer a live chatroom service
- Gamble Aware: an organisation dedicated to promoting responsible gambling, which contains information and guidance on responsible gambling issues: http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/
- Gambling Therapy: part of the Gordon Moody Association, Gambling Therapy is a free online advice service for those affected by problem gambling: https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/
- Gamblers’ Anonymous: an international network providing confidential advice and meetings: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
- National Problem Gambling Clinic: an NHS service offering treatment plans to those affected by problem gambling: http://www.cnwl.nhs.uk/cnwl-national-problem-gambling-clinic/